TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The highest bidder shall be declared the purchaser. In the event of a dispute the auctioneers shall put up the lot again for resale or declare the purchaser.
2. Knights Auctioneers are not responsible for misdescription or errors in quantity or quality and no allowance will be made for misdescription or errors in the catalogue.
3. A bid shall be taken as proof that the buyers have made themselves acquainted with the lot for which they bid.
4. Bidders are advised to inspect the goods on auction at our premises or to speak to a representative of Knights Auctioneers.
5. The Auctioneers reserve the right to halt the auction or to alter or withdraw any lot or lots, with the permission of the seller in writing.
6. The seller may instruct the Auctioneers to halt the auction or to withdraw any lots where reserve prices have not been achieved or to authorise the sale “Subject to Confirmation”.
7. Ownership and risk will pass to The Purchaser on the confirmation of their bid.
8. Payment for goods purchased to be made by EFT or Credit Card. Any bank charges on Credit or Debit Card Payments will be for the buyers account. Goods will only be released once the funds reflect in the Auctioneers account.
9. Goods must be removed from the premises of the Auctioneers, by appointment, within 3 days of the sale.
10. Knights Auctioneers reserve the right to levy storage costs for any goods not collected within 3 days.
11. Buyers, their staff and vehicles come on to our premises at their own risk.
12. Arrangements can be made for delivery of the goods purchased. Costs of this for the buyers account.
13. Buyers commission at 12% plus 2% internet surcharge + VAT will be levied on all items purchased (10% plus 2% internet surcharge + VAT for motor vehicles.
14. VAT will be charged on all items sold on behalf of clients registered in terms of the VAT regulations. These items will be highlighted in the catalogue.
15. The Auctioneers are prepared to bid on behalf of individuals if instructed to do so in writing.
16. The Auctioneers shall be entitled to bid up to the Reserve Price of a Lot on behalf of the Seller, but shall not be entitled to make a bid equal to or exceeding the Reserve Price.
17. Notice will be given on any Lots that are subject to a Reserve Price.
18. A R2000.00 refundable deposit to secure a Buyers Number to be paid into our account by EFT. **1% handling fee to be charged on cash deposits for the refundable deposit and 2% to be charged on cash deposited as payment for goods bought at auction.
19. Registration, as a buyer, to be accompanied by FICA documents ie: ID and proof of residence that is not more than 3 months old.
20. The Auctioneers certify that, to the best of their knowledge, these Rules of Auction / Conditions of Sale comply with Section 45 and the Regulations of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
INDEMNITY NOTICE: Each and every lot will be sold as is, where is, with no guarantees or warrantees, express orimplied. Every person at the auction site before, during and after the auction sale shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk with notice of the condition of the premises, No persons shall have any claim against the auctioneers, their agents, employees or principals forany injuries sustained, nor for damages to or loss of property which may occur from any cause whatsoever.
The auctioneers cannot be held liable for any error in the descriptions provided on the items auctioned. The auction is conducted in terms of Section 45 of the Consumer Protection Act, Act 68 of 2008. The Buyer acknowledges that they have inspected the lots before bidding, noted the condition and is satisfied with the lots as well as the description thereof. All items on auction are sold as is.
The purchaser is responsible for removal of all items and we will not be able to assist with loading of any goods. There will be no dispatching during the auction. Storage will be charged on late collections. If purchasing in your company name a copy of company registration form CM1 or CK1, CM46, CM9, a utility bill and CM29 or Resolution from company authorising representative to bid is required.